[Peace-discuss] Fwd:Emergency response to the threat of war

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Jan 24 07:28:43 CST 2003

Dear Jenifer M. Cartwright,

Thank you for your support of the Not In Our Name statement of conscience against war and repression (see www.nion.us).

The war now being planned against Iraq is a further terrible step in the deadly trajectory of events described in the NION statement. But it can be stopped.

This next week things are coming to a head. On Monday, January 27, the United Nations receives the report of the weapons inspectors and on Tuesday President Bush delivers his state of the union address. This is likely to be a call to war.

With your help, we will make our voices heard first. The Not In Our Name statement is going to be published Monday morning in the New York Times as a two-page spread. The statement has now been signed by 45,000 people across the country. This publication will speak for you. This war is not in the interests of the people of world and not in the interests of the great majority of the American people. We can and must stop it.

You can help make this possible by sending your contribution to Not In Our Name, 158 Church St., PMB 9, New York, NY 10007.

There will also be protests across the country on Monday. Please check our web site on the weekend for information on protests and information on the 40 papers in which the NION statement has been published.

The web address is www.nion.us.