[Peace-discuss] Fw: Thank you for your support

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Wed Jan 29 12:48:19 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "patt esther b" <e-patt at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
To: "Lisa Chason" <chason at shout.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: Thank you for your support

> Dear Lisa,
> I'll be there at 2 on Saturday and would appreciate if as many AWARE
> members as possible could come by city council chambers next Monday night
> for the final vote.  We've started getting the pro-war emails and I
> suspect that the number of opponents to the resolution at next Monday's
> meeting will be much greater than the number last Monday.
> Thank you,
> Esther Patt
>
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Lisa Chason wrote:
>
> > On behalf of AWARE, as a citizen of Urbana, and as a very worried
inhabitant of the planet I would like to thank you for your support of the
resolution Monday night against a US attack on Iraq. This puts Urbana on the
map as a city for peace. We are now listed as one of the 66 cities with a
"campaign underway" (please go to www.citiesforpeace.org). Hopefully after
next Monday we can join the 55(!) cities that as of today have passed a
resolution. I would like to remind you -- and invite you -- to join the
Saturday afternoon Prospect for Peace demonstration, from 2 to 4 pm, on
Prospect Ave in Champaign (park at Lowe's). Bring your own sign or pick one
up from the many that are available there.