[Peace-discuss] Intriguing message to me from a US Army soldier

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Tue Jul 8 15:35:12 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 03:24:13PM -0500, Randall Cotton wrote:
> Here's a little intrigue for those interested:
>
> Today, I was somehow addressed directly by a 1st Sgt. Ken S. Heller, 101st
> Airborne, from Iraq (presumably as part of an activist mailing list he
> somehow obtained). I have no idea how this wound up in my inbox. Did anyone
> else get this?

I got it, but too-quickly tagged it as spam, as it looked like the
typical "I have X million dollars from Nigeria to launder quickly"
messages.  Upon re-reading your copy, I think it might be legit.  I
never checked the headers on my copy before deleting it, but it didn't
come to any of the groogroo lists, because mailman tags the subject.
And it didn't get filtered by spam-assassin.

				-Clint