[Peace-discuss] from Howard Dean

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sat Jul 12 00:34:10 CDT 2003

Howard Dean writes --

 In light of late-breaking events, I thought it was important that I  write to you today.

It is now clear that there are those in this administration who misled
the nation and misled the world in making the case for pre-emptive war.  They know who they are. And they should resign today.

Please join me in demanding that those responsible for misleading the
American people resign by clicking on the link below:

 http://www.deanforamerica.com/truth

 In his State of the Union address, President Bush claimed that Iraq
 had attempted to purchase uranium in Africa for the production of
 nuclear weapons. We know now that the documents he relied upon to make that claim were forged.

Yesterday, in testimony before the Senate, Secretary of Defense Donald  Rumsfeld made the stunning announcement that it was only "within recent days" (since the press had begun reporting it) that he learned about the forgery. Yet Secretary of State Colin Powell, in February, had enough reservations about the validity of the documents that he did not cite them in his presentation to the UN.

The American people must know the truth.

There will be investigations, and the truth will come out, and those
in this administration must be held accountable for their failure to
give us the truth before we went to war.

But we do not need to wait for the investigations to rid these people
from our government -- they can resign on their own today. Call on
those who misled the American people to resign today by clicking on
the link below:

 http://www.deanforamerica.com/truth

I am now convinced more than ever that it was a mistake to have given this administration a blank check to engage in this war -- as too many in Congress did when they supported the Iraqi war resolution.

Please forward this message on to everyone in your email list. Ask
them to join us. We all must stand up and demand the facts from our  government in Washington.

Howard Dean

Contribute to Dean for America: http://www.deanforamerica.com/contribute

Paid for and maintained by DEAN FOR AMERICA
Contributions to Dean For America are not tax-deductible for federal
income tax purposes

 Unsubscribe from receiving e-mail, or change your e-mail preferences.
http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/CO?i=yiOAJF7TmeDrlb_lqg074I8uFizeWeKm>