[Peace-discuss] Fwd:Kucinich Campaign -- Time to Join (please circulate)

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Tue Jun 10 11:38:54 CDT 2003

HELP US KEEP ROLLING

The Kucinich for President Campaign has been first in the size of our crowds, first in audience response at candidate forums, first in the number of grassroots volunteers flocking to our campaign to take on key roles -- but we have not been first in raising money. Or second...or third... So consider this a naked appeal for donations. And please circulate to friends, relatives and/or fellow activists who can help us.

It's easy to donate https://www.kucinich.us/contribute.php -- and all contributions up to $250 are matched. So your $25 means $50 to our campaign.

To help you line up the support of your friends and fellow activists, we've developed a new email brochure about Dennis and his "Progressive Vision" on 10 key issues. http://www.kucinich.us/issues/issue_10key.htm

***
Despite our limited budget, we're gaining ground. Democratic activists are still buzzing about Dennis' speech to the "Take Back America" conference in D.C. on Thursday, and about Sunday's appearance in Iowa that was telecast on C-SPAN.

For days, the Congressman has been in the news due to his leadership on Capitol Hill demanding answers about how the Bush administration drove our country to war. He led 30 members of Congress in introducing a Resolution of Inquiry to compel the White House to release intelligence substantiating claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that posed an "imminent threat" to the United States.

***
And this just in from the Des Moines Register -- the largest daily in Iowa, which holds the first presidential balloting in the country. The Register reports on two surprises: that while John Edwards' lavishly-funded campaign seems to be stalled in Iowa, the Kucinich campaign is picking up steam. Here's an excerpt:

"Kucinich, on the other hand, arrived in Iowa in February as a relative unknown. His outspoken position against the war in Iraq gave him an instant following around Iowa City, a bastion of anti-war sentiment, said Johnson County Democratic Chairman Rod Sullivan.

"But his aggressiveness in courting the grass-roots supporters in Iowa, his populist message, and fiery stump speeches have given him a base of support beyond anti-war Democrats, Sullivan said. 'I've been impressed by the ability of Kucinich to line up locals,' he said. Kucinich, who unveiled a clean water initiative Friday in Davenport, has used Iowa as the backdrop for introducing his health care and farm policy plans.

"Kucinich brought union delegates to their feet in Des Moines last month during his speech at a public employees' union presidential forum that seven of the candidates attended. 'He's just a fireball,' said [Sandy] Opstvedt, co-chairwoman of the 4th U.S. House District Democratic committee. 'He's out there pushing hard to get support and a lot of people get excited when they hear him.'

"Kucinich's message plays with Democratic caucus voters in part because they tend to be more liberal than the average Democrat. The most ardent party members can be counted on to turn out on a cold January night and attend a caucus meeting for several hours to cast their vote.

"'Kucinich is a factor in this race. There's no question about it,' [Iowa Democratic Chair Gordon] Fischer said. 'I've seen his summer travel schedule. He's going to be here constantly.'"
http://desmoinesregister.com/news/stories/c4789004/21449193.html

***
You can help us score big in the first voting in Iowa, and beyond. Check out our campaign website at http://www.kucinich.us and please circulate this email.

If you would like to be removed from this mail list please click here:  http://www.kucinich.us/email/manage.php?key=ahhsjTmfWgJ3