[Peace-discuss] Help ship a recorder to Meridith

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Thu Jun 26 13:48:40 CDT 2003

Greetings,

	The IMC has approved sending a MD recorder to Meridith Kruse,
our friend who now resides in Xela, Guatemala.  She has the great
oppurtunity to record interviews with Guatemalan officals, political
candidates, human rights workers, etc.  These interviews and stories
will become IMC Radio News and possibly Free Speech Radio News pieces,
documenting the struggle for human rights among a people that sorely
need help.

	It's going to cost about $90 to ship the recorder via Fed Ex,
which is one of the more reliable ways of shipping into a country that
often "loses" valuable packages :)  The IMC is broke, so if anyone
wants to help foot the bill (hey, that's nine people at $10 each!)
please email me personally (not the list) or drop a check off in the
radio news mailbox at the IMC.

			Thanks!
			-Clint

--
Clint Popetz                   Home:  217-398-3831
  Urbana-Champaign             IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center   Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator   USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820