[Peace-discuss] Parade and leafletting

msimon at uiuc.edu msimon at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 27 16:07:13 CDT 2003

Is anyone interested in participating in the 4th of July festivities without marching in the parade?

The CO group is looking for people to hand out leaflets on Section 9528 of the No Child Left Behind Act which requires all schools receiving federal funds to give student contact info to military recruiters on request.  Parents or students can opt-out of the policy, but they are rarely aware of the policy let alone their right to opt-out.

The leaflet will consist of a cover letter/article describing the policy, a copy of Section 9528, and an opt-out form letter to be signed and turned into high school administration.

We need leafletters so any help would be greatly appreciated!  If you are interested please RSVP by email or call me at 337.4953.

Thanks,
Mike