[Peace-discuss] transcript of WDWS P4P interview clips

John Fettig jfettig at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 4 11:20:08 CST 2003

* Dlind49 at aol.com <Dlind49 at aol.com>:
> Fellow peace activists: I am disappointed in the quality of responses given
> to Brandt Hansen when he asked the question: "Who do you think is worse, Bush
> or Hussein?" An opportunity was there to promote peace based on reality and a
> thoughtful response to Brandt's important question.  However, the responses
> did not accomplish that task and I believe hurt the cause for peace and
> brought into question the credibility of those who have dedicated hours week
> after week by participating in the Protests of Prospect.

Doug,

I really doubt that Hansen would have aired anything that would have
helped the cause...he sent his guy up there to get audio that would
support his angle.  That said, I don't think the audio he chose to air
was all that bad...it could have been much much worse.

But I'll reiterate that we need to be less naive (and more cynical) when
somebody sticks a mic in our faces.

John