[Peace-discuss] flyering anecdote

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 16:19:06 CST 2003

Hi folks-

I started handing out leaflets in my neighborhood
today.  Actually I took a few to Sam’s Club with me,
too, and gave them to the workers, who thanked me for
them.  Then, on my way out, the worker who checks your
receipts as you leave stopped me to talk.  He was a
white guy, maybe 70 or so, and he noticed my button.
He told me he has “stood behind every war until this
one,” and proceeded to tell me why.  Saddam’s a
ruthless killer, he explained, but he’s not the only
one – and the US can’t be the world’s policeman.  That
was pretty much it, but he was very clear on it.  I
found the experience rewarding, so I thought I’d pass
it along.

Ricky

P.S.  We might want to think about whether we want to
still use the SDAS phone number on the leaflet, or
change it to an individual’s number (anyone’s).  I’d
like to know for sure that a particular individual has
the responsibility to call folks back if they’re
interested.