[Peace-discuss] In These Times editorial

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Sat Mar 8 18:00:58 CST 2003

The following appeared in this biweek's In These Time editorial by Joal
Bleifuss on the inside cover.

'A new study by psychologists at the University of Sussex in England
found that being active in political campaigns, strikes and
demonstrations can help people overcome stress, pain, anxiety and
depression.  Researcher John Drury put it this way: "The take-home
message from this research therefore might be that people should get
more involved in campaigns, struggles and social movement, not only in
the wider interest of social change but also for their own personal
good."'

For those of you who are interested, my campaign does flyering and
walking neighbors every Saturday and Sunday morning.  We meet at Cafe
Kopi at 9am & the coffee/tea/juice is on me.

Ken

Ken Urban for Champaign City Council
"A progressive voice for Champaign"

web: http://www.kenurban.com