[Peace-discuss] Re: what if you're wrong?

John Fettig jfettig at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 11 14:59:10 CST 2003

--- Ron Alcorn <alcorn at cvn.com> wrote:
> a quick question what happens if you are successful in stopping the
> war and you are wrong and iraq uses a wmd either here or in the middle
> east killing thousands of people how will this effect you personaly
> knowing you had a small part to play in the deaths of so many people .

The war is anticipated to have half a million civilian casualties (UN
estimates).  There may be tens of thousands of US soldiers killed.
These are almost certainties.  Personally, I'm not willing to gamble
with this kind of loss of life on the off-chance that Saddam will maybe
do something.

How are you going to feel when the body bags start coming home and the
mass graves start filling up because of the war?  Are you going to take
responsibility for the deaths of so many people?

John