[Peace-discuss] disinformation: bush wins propaganda effort

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 12 09:03:55 CST 2003

I add my voice to that. The man I work with, Patch Adams,
for the last year has been explicitly speaking out against Bush
and the Iraq slaughter to conservative audiences(hospital staff,
pharmaceutical salespeople, information technology honchos). And he
'polls' audiences---asking people to raise their hands if they're for the
Iraq slaughter. 1 to 2% of the audience raise their hands.
Admittedly, Patch has just come on very strongly against Bush, calling him
a Nazi President, so the audience may be intimidated, or at least
hesitant. But my sense in working with patch, and also speaking to
audiences, is that VERY FEW people are for this war.

For me it's the disinformation/misinformation machine at work. You
yourself Doug know about that machine.