[Peace-discuss] local media distortions

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 23:46:34 CST 2003

Channel 3 was just as bad.  Their teaser before the
10:00 news reported "a huge rally" in support of
troops and "many others" protesting against war with
Iraq!  Then the actual story ("a war of words")
focussed on the counterdemo, with footage from every
angle, some at the beginning and some at the end of
the story.  They showed short clips of my answer to
their question of whether the counterdemo bothered us,
and edited out the part where I told them we had over
300 compared to their 50-60.  Their story contained no
numbers.

We need folks to call both stations, write them, and
write the News-Gazette about them.  This has been
effective in the past.

Paul Wood also tells me his story will probably be in
Monday's News-Gazette.  We need to watch for it.  I
have sent N-G, 3, 15, WAND, WILL, DI, etc. a press
release with the real numbers.

Ricky