[Peace-discuss] Re: Action requested for Tues, 3-18

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 18 09:25:54 CST 2003

Might be a worthwhile thing to do, particularly as it protests the
ideological lock on radio of the Clear Channel sort, but I'd feel better
about it if Natalie Maines' apology last Friday hadn't been so obsequious.

According to Rolling Stone, she said, "My remark was disrespectful.  I
feel that whoever holds that office [i.e., president of the US] should be
treated with the utmost respect. While war may remain a viable option, as
a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before
children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a
proud American."