[Peace-discuss] Carbondale Mayor Stifles Anti-War Resolution

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Wed Mar 19 09:34:41 CST 2003

Carbondale's mayor choked off debate on a pending City Council resolution
opposing war in Iraq last night, calling for an immediate vote which lost
3-2. This despite scores of people in attendance at the meeting to address
the council on the issue, and nearly a thousand signatures on a petition
calling for the resolution. The information below comes from the Shawnee
Greens, who were among those supporting the measure.

SIU's student paper, the Daily Egyptian, has a story on the meeting as
well: http://newshound.de.siu.edu/spring03/stories/storyReader$1237

peace,
Jim