[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] P4P in black, counterdemo again

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 19 22:43:52 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Ricky Baldwin wrote:

> Also, if there is a full-scale attack, there has been
> a suggestion  that EVERYONE WEAR BLACK TO P4P and that
> we bring very few signs (none of the boisterous, funny
> ones).  Folks at Sunday's AWARE meeting seemed to like
> this idea, and we may not get another chance to
> discuss it - so keep it in mind.  It could make quite
> an image.  (Please, any discussion on this should be
> on the peace-discuss list, not here.)

I think having everyone wear all black is a great idea, although if its
cold, the only winter coat I have is blue.  Might it be possible to have
some black strips of cloth for people who don't have a black coat to wear
like a scarf?  Maybe we should have only a few entirely new signs, done
entirely in black and white.  Here are a few ideas for possible slogans:

War is failure

shocked, awed, and appalled

first strike: America's shame

People are dying