[Peace-discuss] Lowes Parking for public discussion on War

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 11:56:59 CST 2003

I just spoke with a  Lowes corporate hot line representative
(1-800-44-lowes). May I suggest that everyone calls this free telephone hot
line and complain about  Mr. Watkins decison to inhibit public discussion.
Lowes Corporate policy is that each store manager has the ability to decide
on use of his own facilty and therefore can decide to prevent parking in his
parking lot and thus tow any vehicle that he decides to remove. Mr. Watkins
decision to hinder rather than facilitate public debate thus rests with him
as Lowe's employee and as the Champaign Illnois store manager.  I believe as
a combat veteran that this decision, with corporate support,  to inhibit
public debate by preventing both PRO-WAR AND ANTI-WAR demonstrators from
parking in the Champaign Illinois Lowes store parking lot even though they do
not intefer with store operations and customer access is a very poor
decision. At this critical time during our nation's and the world's history I
believe that all individuals and corporations shoud be facilitating rather
than hindering public debate and discussion.  This does not require that
Lowe's formallly state a PRO-WAR or ANTI-WAR policy but only a policy that
Lowes facilitates public debate.   The corporate headquarters switchboard
telephone number is 336-658-4000 and they will be open on Monday morning.