[Peace-discuss] re: Bush is a criminal- clarification

Ann-Marie Shapiro prairiewaves at insightbb.com
Sun Mar 23 15:01:06 CST 2003

Hi,

I said earlier:

 (There are so many who really don't care what
happens to people far away, after all).

I realize that this seems insensitive to the movement's anti-racism efforts.
What I was trying to say is that I advocate trying to reach whatever part of
a person's conscience they have access to, even if it is only a
self-oriented concern for democracy at home.

I am sure this reflects all the classic issues that come up in progressive
groups.  I do believe that once enticed towards a movement, all come with
blind spots that can then be illuminated through participation with
progressive groups that are sensitive to so many diverse issues.

I was just getting overly focused on outreach ideas.  I do believe that the
principles of AWARE must not be diluted in those efforts.

I am new at all of this!  My apologies.

Ann-Marie