[Peace-discuss] new student organization in support of America's defense

Paula Velde velde at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 31 20:57:03 CST 2003

FYI a new pro-war RSO. A friend of mine saw this announcement on
newsgroups.
-paula
velde at uiuc.edu

--------------------------------------
http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/defense

"Students for the Defense of America" is a new student organization on
campus.  We promote activism in support of America's defense against foreign
enemies.  Support our cause by becoming a member, and find out about
upcoming speaking events and other opportunities for activism in support of
the war.

Membership consists of being placed on our email list, and being permitted
access to our Yahoo! Groups discussion board
( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/students4defenseUIUC/ ).  To join, either
visit the discussion board and click "Join This Group!"  or email us at
students4defense at uiuc.edu and request to be added to the email list.

Possible events:

mid-April:  A symposium featuring presentations and Q&A by UI professors and
graduate students in support of the war (date/time & location TBA)

Thursday, April 24:  Nationally syndicated columnist and publisher Robert
Tracinski will be giving a talk entitled "The Peace Process War:  How the
'Peace Movement' Created Modern Terrorism" (exact time & location TBA)

late April:  A presentation and extensive Q&A by Dr. Daniel Pipes, director
of the Middle East Forum and scholar of Middle Eastern studies (date/time &
location TBA)

-Doug Peltz,
President, Students for the Defense of America