[Peace-discuss] University Housing Vandalism

The Spirit of Seattle parthun at students.uiuc.edu
Mon May 5 17:58:39 CDT 2003

Hi all --
  I'm Neil Parthun from Peace Action.  I, like many others recently, have been
suffering from vandalism of my anti war, anti-Ashcroft, and anti-drug war
signs.  I have had my "Deep in the heart of Texas, a village has lost their
idiot" sign defaced to say "Illinois".  I have had my "Don't Invade Iraq" sign
ripped down off my door in ISR.  I have also had my Ashcroft drug war sign
ripped down off my door in ISR.  But today was something different.
  I got back and found out that a sign saying "To the stupid f*ck who lives
here...." with a picture saying "How about a nice big cup of shut the f*ck up?
 Think before you say something stupid."
  I know that I must be doing something right if the best argument they have
is taking down my signs and using profanity. :)  Just yet another documented
case of vandalism.  My RA even asked the Resident Director of ISR and they
said that everything I had up was perfectly fine.  It's just some person in
ISR that doesn't like the anti-war message for some reason.  So, it's not just
the community houses being vandalized for expressing anti-war sentiment, it's
even occuring in the University Certified Housing.

Hasta la victoria,
Neil

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth has become a revolutionary act.  -- George Orwell

When even one American who has done nothing wrong is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril. - Harry Truman

And on the 7th day, God stepped back and said "There's my creation, perfect in every way.  Oh damn!  I left pot all over the place!  Now they'll think I want them to smoke it!...Now I'll have to create Republicans!" - Bill Hicks

Neil Parthun ~~ parthun at uiuc.edu  ~~ 217.332.4291
*President, Spirit of Seattle
*Co-President, Student Peace Action
*Treasurer, Campaign to Impeach George Walker Bush @ UIUC
*Treasurer, Champaign Urbana Presidental Prayer Team
*Member, UIUC NORML/SSDP, Legalize It, SILA, Student Farmworker Alliance @ UIUC