[Peace-discuss] Public I seeking tips

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Thu May 8 07:50:15 CDT 2003

The theme of the next issue of the Public I is local consumerism. We are seeking contributions of best tips/ secrets about good/unusual deals and places to shop that support local shopkeepers. Quality of service/experience may be more important than price.

For example: I was able to get new eyeglasses at xxlocalshopkeeperxx for less than at the big discount places. And because my others had broken they made them for me in half an hour!

Please write in first person. We're working on the issue now so please send your piece asap (first draft deadline May 12) to
imc-print at ucimc.org. Thanks.

Lisa Chason