[Peace-discuss] [Fwd: Today's Voice: Take Action! Rolling Regime Change Action Kit!]

Jay Mittenthal mitten at life.uiuc.edu
Mon May 19 13:28:19 CDT 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Today's Voice: Take Action! Rolling Regime Change Action Kit!
From: "Voice4Change" <newsletter at voice4change.org>
Date: Mon, May 19, 2003 4:03 am
To: "mitten at life.uiuc.edu" <mitten at life.uiuc.edu>

Voice4Change
Changing Hearts and Minds
http://www.voice4change.org

May 19, 2003

Dear mitten at life.uiuc.edu,

Today's Voice

Today we are launching our Rolling Regime Change Action Kit. We will
update it regularly, we are currently looking for a piece on our
shrinking civil liberties and will add it to the kit soon. In the
meantime use the kit we are launching today to table at your local
supermarkets, shopping malls, parks etc
If you have suggestions on what
to add to the kit send them to info at voice4change.org  We realize that
many would like to see stronger attacks, however we see the target as
people who don’t follow politics as much as we do, so we want to reach
them where they are at, so we stuck to economic issues, an area that we
can beat Bush in 2004!

Download the Action Kit!
http://www.voice4change.org/download/RCAK.pdf

The DLC blasts Activists
Time to Fight Back!

An internal Democratic Leadership Council memo leaked to press on May 14
says:

"But the great myth of the current cycle is the misguided notion that
the hopes and dreams of activists represent the heart and soul of the
Democratic Party."

Al From, founder and CEO of the Democratic Leadership Council and Bruce
Reed, President of the DLC, yesterday circulated this memo to “Leading
Democrats” in which they argue that traditional Democratic values are
“an aberration” and that the thousands of grassroots Democrats inspired
by Governor Dean’s message to “take back our party” are “activist
elites” and not “real Democrats.”

For the rest of the story:
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/showstory.asp?file=030516~gx.asp

U.S. Senate Approves State Aid to Protect Health Care!

Take Action Now to Turn the Tide in the House

With states across the country on the verge of making devastating
Medicaid cuts to deal with budget deficits, the U.S. Senate has voted
95-3 to approve $20 billion in emergency aid to states--including half
for Medicaid.

Now support is needed in the House of Representatives. Urge your House
member to make sure the budget bill that Congress is about to vote on
includes the money your state needs to put families’ health care first.

Fax a Message
Take a minute to make your voice heard by faxing your Representative.
http://www.facts-online.org/campaign/pff4

For the rest of the story:
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/showstory.asp?file=030519~pff.asp

Stop Bush’s Attacks on Our Clean Water Protections

On January 15th the Bush administration announced it was removing
long-standing Clean Water Act protections for at least 20 percent of our
nation's waters currently covered by this landmark environmental law.
The waters that would be affected immediately by the administration's
actions include wetlands and other small water bodies that are critical
to the U.S. economy as well as to our environment because they replenish
groundwater supplies, filter drinking water sources, absorb floodwaters,
and provide essential wildlife habitat.

What to do:
Send a message to your senators and representative, urging them to call
on President Bush to stop his attack on the Clean Water Act.

To send the message go to:
http://www.nrdcaction.org/action/index.asp?step=2&item=1465

For the rest of the story:
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/showstory.asp?file=030519~nrdc.asp

Peace Is The Way

By Richard Deats

There are no shortcuts to building a world of peace, justice, and
freedom. Gandhi and King talked a lot about means and ends: The end is
predetermined in the means, just as an apple seed produces an apple
tree, not a thorn bush. A peaceful end comes through peaceful means;
justice is produced through just means.

For the rest of the story:
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/showstory.asp?file=030519~for.asp

10 Reasons to Oppose US Militarization of Aid and Reconstruction in Iraq

By Yifat Susskind, Associate Director

“We will deliver the food and medicine you need. We will tear down the
apparatus of terror and we will help you to build a new Iraq that is
prosperous and free.” George Bush, televised address, 3/17/03.

Now that Bush’s illegal invasion has given way to illegal occupation,
how should we understand his promise to the Iraqi people? The US insists
on exercising direct military control over the administration of
humanitarian aid and reconstruction in Iraq. We believe these processes
should be handled by independent agencies of the United Nations. Here
are 10 reasons why:

For the rest of the story:
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/showstory.asp?file=030519~madre.asp

Warm Regards,