[Peace-discuss] Legal support

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 16:59:45 CDT 2003

Randall,

I disagree.  I did ask if everyone was okay with the
proposal after we took out some of the 'offending'
rules.  We don't take votes (or at least that has been
the 'rule' since I've been in AWARE) so we go forward
once things look to be resolved.  Just as you did with
your casualty pictures although many people expressed
disagreement and reservations about them being a part
of P4P.

This whole thing does not affect Lori.  She has been
paid by AWARE and her situation has already 'approved'
by the group.  We are supporting her.  No one, that I
am aware of, is against supporting Lori's case.  We
are just trying to be proactive.  Sorry if this was
not clear.

If we need to discuss the legal support issue
again...I suggest making it an agenda item for next
meeting.

Linda
--- Randall Cotton <recotton at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Linda may have had the impression that we were now
> all OK after two
> revisions (the "charged" leaving the AWARE meeting
> during discussion of
> their case and removal of "level of active
> participation in AWARE" as a
> criteria by the MAP committee). The revisions did
> seem to have agreement
> without objection. But the general reservations
> behind the proposal as a
> whole, expressed by myself (and Carl, to a lesser
> extent), were not
> resolved. A question like "Is everybody now OK with
> the proposal?" was never
> asked.
>
> I considered reiterating my concerns at the end
> there, but I decided against
> it since I would've just been repeating myself and I
> didn't want to come off
> as harping on it.
>
> I ask to be recognized as objecting to the proposal
> as it stands as if I had
> done so during the meeting. And that if we revisit
> this, we do so after the
> event that brought this all up (Lori's legal issue)
> is fully resolved so
> that we can discuss and debate with the benefit of
> hindsight.

=====
"I know you are smart and I know that you think you are doing what is best for me.  But if freedom is handled just your way then it's not my freedom or free."  Toni and Slade Morrison from their children's book "The Big Box"

"Well, I think it's much too late and I think things are much too bad for pessimism."  John Robbins