[Peace-discuss] [Fwd: FCNL (5/23/03)]

Jay Mittenthal mitten at life.uiuc.edu
Thu May 29 13:23:50 CDT 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: FCNL (5/23/03)
From: fcnl-news at fcnl.org
Date: Fri, May 23, 2003 2:42 pm
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

FCNL INFO LINE
5/23/03

(To learn more about the FCNL INFO LINE, please see the end of this
message.)

HELP FCNL SAY "NO TO NEW NUKES" .... and "YES" to global security
through arms control!

FCNL and our supporters are hard at work generating citizen action to
tell Congress "NO development of new nuclear weapons."  Developing new
nuclear weapons will send the wrong signal to the rest of the world that
nuclear weapons are usable.   YOU CAN HELP NOW BY DONATING to support
FCNL's "SAY NO TO NEW NUKES" campaign.

Your donation today will enable FCNL to continue:

* expert and focused lobbying of key members of Congress whose votes can
help stop development of new nuclear weapons;

* sending out thousands of action alerts via e-mail and postal mail to
mobilize grassroots lobbying. FCNL messages provide up-to-the-minute
information on the status of the bills authorizing new nukes and a clear
message to communicate to Congress;

* providing factual and timely issue content and advice to mass
mobilization and e-organizers;

* maintaining the FCNL Nuclear Calendar
http://www.fcnl.org/NuclearCalendar/index.htm, a weekly update of events
concerning nuclear weapons, disarmament, and nonproliferation, published
and distributed to thousands of activists and decision-makers via e-mail
every Monday when Congress is in session.

TO MAKE A SECURE DONATION ONLINE NOW click here:
http://www.fcnl.org/suprt/indx.htm

TO SIGN UP for the free FCNL Nuclear Calendar, click here
http://www.fcnl.org/listserv/quaker_issues.php and fill out the on-line
subscription form.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS ISSUE, click here
http://www.fcnl.org/issues/arm/cntrl_nuclear-weapons.htm

All contributors receive the monthly FCNL Washington Newsletter, and
periodic action alerts.  These items are also available by request.

We welcome your gifts to FCNL, in support of our lobbying to influence
public policy directly, or, if you would prefer a tax deduction, to the
FCNL Education Fund.  Donations to the FCNL Education Fund support
research and educational activities.

YOU CAN MAKE A SECURE DONATION ONLINE NOW (at
http://www.fcnl.org/suprt/indx.htm) to help support our work.  FCNL will
not sell, trade or rent your name to any other organization. Other
methods of giving are also available, including calling 800-630-1330 to
make a credit card donation over the phone, or printing out a donation
form by following this link:  http://www.fcnl.org/suprt/su_contrb.htm

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND COLLEAGUES. Ask
them to join you in saying NO TO NEW NUKES.  Multiply your support by
encouraging others to contribute to FCNL.

Please accept our apologies if you receive more than one copy of this
e-mail, which may occur if you subscribe to more than one FCNL
list-serve.

If you have comments or questions regarding this message or other
issues, please contact FCNL.

Order WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER Bumper Stickers and Yard Signs!
* Online: Here are the links for the order forms.
Bumper stickers: <http://www.fcnl.org/iraq_bumstker_info.php>
Yard signs: <http://www.fcnl.org/iraq_yardsign_info.php>
* Email: Send a message to <field at fcnl.org> with your name, complete
mailing address, and the number of bumper stickers or yard signs needed.
* Phone: Call Valerie Fox at 800-630-1330, ext. 142 or leave a message
with mailing information and number of stickers or signs requested.
FCNL will not rent, sell, or trade your name to any other organization.
We appreciate contributions for bulk orders of bumper stickers.  The
suggested donation for peace signs is $5 each.  If you have comments or
questions regarding this message or other issues, please contact FCNL.

Mail: 245 Second St, NE, Washington, DC 20002-5795
Email:   fcnl at fcnl.org
Phone:   (202) 547-6000
Fax:   (202) 547-6019
Toll Free: (800) 630-1330
Web: <http://www.fcnl.org>

Congressional Information: <http://capwiz.com/fconl/dbq/officials/>

Your contributions sustain our Quaker witness in Washington.  We welcome
your gifts to FCNL, or, if you need a tax deduction, to the FCNL
Education Fund.  You can use your credit card to donate money securely
to FCNL through a special page on FCNL's web site.
<http://www.fcnl.org/suprt/indx.htm>
FCNL also accepts credit card donations over the phone.  For information
about donating, please contact the Development team directly at
development at fcnl.org.  Thank you.

The FCNL INFO LINE provides announcements and information from the
Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL).  These messages (1)
focus on legislative work, but do not have a legislative action
component, (2) provide updates on FCNL's work, and/or (3) inform you
about resources available from FCNL.  These messages are intended as a
supplement to the Legislative Action Message and other FCNL materials.

This message may also be found on PeaceNet in the fcnl.updates
conference.

This message is distributed via the fcnl-news mailing list.  To
subscribe to this list, please visit FCNL's web site at
<http://www.fcnl.org/listserv/quaker_issues.php>.

Alternatively, you can send an e-mail message to majordomo at his.com.
Leave the subject line blank.  The message should read "subscribe
fcnl-news."  Please Note: Make sure that you are sending this message
from the e-mail address to which you would like fcnl-news materials to
be sent.

If you currently receive this message via the fcnl-news mailing list and
are no longer interested in receiving messages from this list, send an
e-mail message to majordomo at his.com.  The message should read
We seek a world free of war and the threat of war
We seek a society with equity and justice for all
We seek a community where every person's potential may be fulfilled We
seek an earth restored...