[Peace-discuss] Dems: Don't Bring Home the Troops! (fwd)

Paul King pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 7 01:12:54 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> on CBS, Rep. Richard Gephardt of Missouri suggested humility and personal
> charm.
>
> "You sit down with leaders of other countries and you talk to them, you
> collaborate with them, you treat them with respect and you get the help
> that we should get from our friends," he said.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Democratic party was meeting with leaders of
countries all over the world, apologizing for the last couple of years,
and soliciting funds for the upcoming election so that we could replace
Bush? It would be like the French helping the colonists during the
American revolution, except the entire world would be helping us.

Just a wistful thought.

..:: paul