[Peace-discuss] Fw: underwriting spot

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sat Nov 8 07:01:26 CST 2003

To reiterate, this was my point exactly in my phone conversation w/ Les yesterday.   How nice we're all on the same wavelength.  Let's hope Les and WILL get w/ the program!     Jenifer C.
To allow corporate sponsorships, as from ADM, GE, and others, as is  permitted on the station, is also controversial to many; corporate  America has been leading U.S. policy since the beginning. It too has an  agenda. This is what I had in mind by using the word "hypocritical".  I'm inclined to believe that large corporate sponsors have a greater  effect on programming than would an outfit like AWARE.

Incidentally, if the NRA wants to be a sponsor, advertising itself with  noninflammatory words such as "liberty" and "respect for the  constitution", I would not find this particularly objectionable.

MKB

Peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com