[Peace-discuss] Flag flap

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 10 09:48:06 CST 2003

Indeed, the Democrats, being a mostly white organization, are just as
racist as the Republicans. We can look at Clinton's so-called welfare
reform as one example. But symbolism does matter.  Words do convey
context. People understand more than the literal because they live in
a real world. Dean's misuse of race is a reflection of his society.
When we ignore the real effects of his words, we ignore racism.

--

Al Kagan

e-mail. akagan at uiuc.edu