[Peace-discuss] Democracy Now! - Indy wife of Iraqi soldier

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 16:45:51 CST 2003

I'm sure some of you are listening or did listen to
today's Democracy Now! story with the wives of
military personnel in Iraq who are speaking out
against the war.  One of the wives is from Indiana and
she said she's feels completely isolated and not
supported because of her criticizing the present
situation in Iraq.  I know we've talked about this
previously, but it would be nice if groups like AWARE
could reach out to people like this woman and be some
sort of moral or political support during this time.

What do people think?  Suggestions?

Linda

=====
Kindness and compassion towards all living things is a mark of a civilized society. Conversely, cruelty, whether if is directed against human beings or against animals, is not the exclusive province of any one culture or community of people. ... Racism, economic deprival, dogfighting and cockfighting, bullfighting and rodeos are cut from the same fabric: violence ... only when we have become non violent towards all life will we have learned to live well ourselves. Cesar Chavez, 1927-93 (letter, 12/90)