[Peace-discuss] Flag Flub

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Tue Nov 11 16:26:49 CST 2003

Okay, Guys.....Here's my 2 cents worth.... BTW, I did watch the Demo debate where the Dean remark was rebutted by Sharpton et al -- they were out for Dean's blood that nite anyhow, and he sure helped them out.  Anyhow......

I wish Dean had said he wants everyone's support.  I wish he had said he views the Confederate Flag as a free speech issue.  I wish he had said he disagrees w/ it but will defend until death the owner's right to display it.  I wish he had said it was a mystery to him why so many African-American voters in Mississippi had voted to retain the Confederate flag on the Mississippi state flag when they prob had the votes to defeat it..... I wish he had not appeared to equate confederate flags and pick up trucks with lower socio-economic status...... I don't know if he can redeem himself, depends how many voters are really watching.  Last I heard, most folks still couldn't name the Demo candidates -- contenders? -- and Hillary would beat 'em all.....

Good observation, Linda -- w/o meaning to, Dean has alienated both blacks and southern whites on this one, the very groups he was trying to win over.....

Good observations, Matt and Ricky -- totally on the mark re Carl's remarks.  There's an old saying that if one person tells you something, it might be worth a look, if two people tell you something, it's definitely worth a look, and if three people tell you something, it's probably true.

Jenifer, aka #3