[Peace-discuss] rumors (response to Mark Bee)

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sat Nov 15 17:29:10 CST 2003

The ongoing analysis and discussion has been interesting but a significant
part is missing that hampers effective action.  May I suggest that all we sit
down and discuss the situation. I can find a bunch of military experts who had
first hand experience in Iraq during Gulf War 1 and since who can discuss
military operations  (they are trying to stop the nonsense right now) and maybe I
can ask some friends (non-military) who have been to Iraq recently to come too.
 With this information and experience from others in AWARE we can come up
with some sound rationale and recommendations to stop the mayhem. Our recent
symposium at UIC was successful and others across the states and at other
locations around the world have been too.

Right now the actual U.S. casualty count (over 9000)  and coalition casualty
count are placing U.S. DOD and White House, British, Australian, Italian,
Polish, (others with contingents in Iraq) and UN  jerks in a real bind. When you
combine this with growing awareness of and distain for Iraq casualty count the
time for action is clear.

The time is perfect for AWARE to join forces with prior and current military
folks and others across the world to help make a difference. All over this
country, in Canada, in Australia, in Japan, and in Europe we have been making a
difference already.

doug rokke