Community Radio (was: Re: [Peace-discuss] Re: [Prairiegreens] Flag flap)

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 09:19:50 CST 2003

As a regular contributor to both KPFK and Pacifica it is my observation that
our local stations are not even comparable and will never be without
sunstantial changes in all aspects.  The professionalism and preparation done by KPFK
and Pacifica staff to research, prepare, and air a taped or live interview with
any guest is simply exceptional. News and commentary is also based on sound
and thorough information from many sources in contrast to the exclusionary and
fragmentary nature of what happens in ole C-U. Respect and courtesy also
abounds.

I agree with Al's comments:
"It is certainly true that there are major differences in comparing  that can
happen in a large city to what is possible in twin towns of  our size.  But
there are still many points in common. It is fine to   take credit for the
community and volunteer nature of our station.  I  can only respond by saying
congratulations and keep up the good work.
However, we can still try to be better.  As a long-time contributor to WEFT,
I feel I have the right and
obligation to state my opinions, and I am not amused that this is
categorized as complaining.  I also want to build.  That is the whole  point."

The difference between an operation resulting in an exceptional station and
one that can improve rests on attitudes that interfer with excellence exactly
as Al wrote.

"I feel I have the right and obligation to state my opinions, and I am not
amused that this is categorized as complaining.  I also want to build.  That is
the whole  point."

doug rokke