[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Buy Nothing Day Update

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Thu Nov 20 11:49:35 CST 2003

There are some pretty good TV commericals at the bottom.  My favorite is
the pig at

http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/toolbox/voucher.html  (and a radio
spot at: http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/toolbox/radio/ )

The text is:
The average North American consumes five times more than a Mexican, ten
times more than a Chinese person, and thirty times more than a person
from India.

(Burp!)

We are the most voracious consumers in the world... a world that could
die because of the way we North Americans live.

Give it a rest!
November 28th is Buy Nothing Day.

There's a gift execption vouncher at

http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/toolbox/voucher.html

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246

>>> jammers at lists.adbusters.org 11/19/2003 7:39:19 PM >>>
Jammers,

The Buy Nothing Day bulls are seeing red, and it's full-charge ahead
toward Friday, November 28th.

What's happening on the media front?  We're aiming anti-ads at millions

of people worldwide parked in front of their TV screens.

Last year, you elected the burping pig as the official BND
spokesperson.  We raised $20,000, and then sent piggy to market at CNN.

  The first salvo in this year's campaign will come Monday, November
24th, when our Big Mac spot airs on CNN's Inside Politics.  In the
donations department, we still have a long way to go.  You can preview

the anti-ads and lend support to the cause here:
http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/updates/media_jam.html

Of course, the heart of Buy Nothing Day isn't at CNN.  Instead, it's
with the people, planning pranks, potlucks and barter fairs - and
changing minds.  Creativity is always the name of the game.  Share your

plans with others at the contacts page:
http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/toolbox/contacts.jhtml
and check out some of the hot jam ideas from our Jam Aid program at:
http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/updates/profiles.html

Good luck with all your BND preparations.
Happy Jamming,

Tim Walker
Campaigns Manager
Adbusters Media Foundation