[Peace-discuss] Noam Chomsky on Media Matters (1-2pm, AM 580)

Ra Ravishankar ravishan at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 3 00:03:00 CDT 2003

From: Victor W. Pickard <vpickard at uiuc.edu>

THIS WEEK'S GUEST

-------------------------------
This week's guest on Media Matters is Noam Chomsky. Chomsky is a professor
of linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and is
universally accepted as one of the most preeminent intellectuals alive.
In addition to his paradigm-breaking work in linguistics, he has been
outspoken in his critique against U.S. foreign policy. With an eye toward
social change and political activism, Chomsky has lectured around the
world on international affairs and human rights and has written dozens of
books, including his seminal work, "Manufacturing Consent." More recently
he published "9-11," which offers a penetrating analysis of the root
causes of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

UPCOMING GUESTS
--------------

In the coming weeks we will feature Peter Hart, John Nichols, and Joe
Conasan. If you have a suggestion for a guest you'd like to see on the
show, let us know: email producer Victor Pickard at vpickard at uiuc.edu

LAST WEEK'S GUEST
-----------------

Last week's guest on Media Matters was John Wilson, an activist, scholar,
author and journalist. John spoke about his work for the the Indy
(indy.pabn.org), academic freedom, and the role of ideology on college
campuses.

ALL OF OUR PAST SHOWS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE:
http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

NUTS and BOLTS

If you know others who might want to be on this list, you can direct them
to http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/ for a link to the

We hope you find the Media Matters Weekly Update to be useful and
informative, and we hope you'll encourage everyone you know with an
interest in the media to listen to the show and subscribe to the list. If
you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve what we do with
this list, please email producer Victor Pickard at vpickard at uiuc.edu

Thanks again for listening!

--
Victor Pickard