[Peace-discuss] Peace Candidate?

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 07:55:05 CDT 2003

I'm sure some of you have received these emails as
well.  Does anyone know anything about Tim Beushausen?

Linda

Forwarded email:

Timothy A.  Beushausen, “One of our Own,” for U.S.
Senate (D-IL)

There are no other candidates running on an
uncompromising progressive platform.   The only other
candidate running for public office with a platform
similar to Tim’s is presidential contender Dennis
Kucinich.  For over 30 years Tim has been fighting for
positive, permanent change:  marching, protesting, and
rallying with the peace, labor, women’s, civil rights,
fair housing movements, and advocating for the
homeless.

Peace does not mean pacifism.  It means genuine
support for democratic freedom struggles, whether
against the Soviet or the American sphere of
influence.  It means a sea change in American foreign
policy and diplomacy, to tell the world that America
is willing to join the U.N. in its efforts to resolve
conflicts without resort to warfare.  It means giving
up American claims for world hegemony, and providing
leadership in establishing peace as an organizing
principle in international relations.  It means
closing down the School of the Americas, where many
Al-Kaida, Nicaraguan and other Central and South
American Contra’s were trained to conduct terrorist
attacks.  It means addressing the legitimate
grievances that call forth new generations of
terrorists, while at the same time conducting and
supporting all efforts to bring criminal proceedings
against them.   It means withdrawal from the WTO and
repudiation of NAFTA, the World Bank, and the IMF.  We
must not continue to kick the ladder of
industrialization out from under the feet of
developing nations, but rather we must develop fair
trade policies, which support the rights of workers to
organize, which mandate environmental protection and
workplace safety laws, and which oppose economic
globalization under a banner of corporate greed.

Peace and economic justice cannot be separated.  The
State of Illinois is staggering under the worst fiscal
crisis in its history, while thousands of billions of
dollars are wasted on unjust, unnecessary wars.  Until
we replace the “neo-con” Democrats and Republicans who
are conducting this outrage, we cannot hope for any
help for the common man from State or Federal budgets.
 We need to create a new WPA to provide jobs and
repair our crumbling economic infra-structure.  We
need to support our fundamental, strategic American
industries, such as steel, machine tool, and high
tech, as a matter of national security.  “We The
People” need to wrest political and economic power
from the hands of corporate greed.  We need a
rejuvenated movement for peace and economic justice,
to create a new generation of representatives willing
to take on these monumental tasks.  Today, more than
ever, our survival as a free people is at stake.

We are requesting $20 contributions from working
people, and not accepting corporate financial support.
 Upon request, we can email a ballot petition for you
to sign, which will place our candidate on the ballot
in the democratic primaries.  Send your check to:

Platform: Webpage cited below.           Make checks
Payable to:

Beushausen for Senate Campaign

                        P.O. Box 4874

                        Aurora, IL  60507

                        Phone:  (630) 859-9960

                        Email:
timothybeushausen at comcast.net
               WEBPAGE: TBush4Senate.Home.Comcast.net

=====
"There are some things you need just to stay alive:  food, water, a place to live, clothes to keep warm, help when you are ill or injured... Peace is having the things you need."  (Peace Begins with You by Katherine Scholes, children's book)