[Peace-discuss] create a message for WILL

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Wed Oct 29 10:00:54 CST 2003

Hi all-
I've just spoken with WILL about AWARE's purchasing underwiting spots. The message can be a maximum of 15 seconds and should state (1) who we are, (2) what we do and (3) how to get hold of us. It must be a fairly innocuous statement for them to OK it (no political statement, no call to action).
It will cost $15 - $20 each time it is announced, the price depending on time of day. We can indicate a particular time-slot or program when we want it to be read. The next step is for me to send the message we would like to use and see if they find that it fits their criteria. I've drafted the most basic skeleton of a way of saying who we are below. How about if others offer suggestions and we see what we come up with?

AWARE, the Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort, works on issues of peace and justice through educational activities and organizing projects. The group meets weekly, on Sundays from 5 to 6:30 pm, at the IMC building, 218 West Main St. in Urbana and all are welcome. You can visit their website at www anti hyphen war dot net.

Lisa