[Peace-discuss] Activist BBQ: co-sponsor?

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 17:37:29 CDT 2003

At our last meeting, Brooke Anderson from PRC handed
out information on the upcoming Activist BBQ.  They
were wondering if AWARE was interested in
co-sponsoring the event.  They need to know by Monday
so I will put this on the agenda.  I just wanted to
give people a heads up so you'll be prepared to make
the decision Sunday and let PRC know.  I will not be
at the meeting Sunday so I would appreciate someone
else following up with PRC on this one.  I think this
event is a great opportunity to get to know other
progressive groups and have some well deserved fun!

Thanks!

Linda

Information on co-sponsoring from PRC:

Activist BBQ Sunday, September 14th at the Illini
Grove from 1-4pm

To co-sponsor, we are asking that your organization:

1. Help publicize the event by distributing fliers and
emails.
2. Have members of your organization attend the BBQ.
3. Bring food to share. Vegetarian food encouraged.
4. Give a short (1-2 mins) presentation about your
group at the BBQ.
5. Make a financial contribution ($10 suggested) to
help cover BBQ publicity and supplies -- charcoal,
table settings, music, etc. However, no organization
will be turned away for not being able to make a
donation.
6. And, of course, we'd love help planning the event
itself!

If your group would like to co-sponsor the Activist
BBQ, please complete the following and email it back
to us:

Name of organization:
Name of contact person:
Phone:
Email:
Number of members expected to attend:
Donation: $

Ideally, we hope to have R.S.V.P.'s with a description
of the food your group will bring by Monday, September
8th, but we will not refuse anyone for replying late.
We at PRC are sure this will be a fun and productive
afternoon for all and hope to hear from you soon.

=====
"As we talked of freedom and justice one day for all, we sat down to steaks.  I am eating misery, I thought, as I took the first bite.  And spit it out." - Alice Walker (author)