[Peace-discuss] more on poll

John Fettig jfettig at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 7 23:29:25 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 22:35, Ricky Baldwin wrote:
> But most interesting of all, in my book, NBC News
> reported the WP poll's 69 percent for linkage this
> way: 32 percent said it is "very likely" that saddam
> was personally involved, while 37 percent said it was
> "somewhat likely".  Hmm - could the choices have been
> "very likely"/"somewhat likely"/"not likely"?  Hmmm.

Just checking the last few Harris polls shows that they asked a very
similar (although not identical) question a couple of weeks ago.  The
results support your hypothesis, I think:

"Do you believe clear evidence that Iraq was supporting Al Qaeda has
been found in Iraq or not?"

                        June   Now
Clear evidence found    48%    50%
No clear evidence       33     35
Not sure/Refused        19     14
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=396

Now, of course this is a different question and so any comparisons might
be completely wrong.

--
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure. -- Lord Byron