[Peace-discuss] polls

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 9 08:57:01 CDT 2003

Thanks to Ricky and Carl for their info on the Wash. Post poll.  I am
not a statistician, but I have a real skepticism about polls in
general.  I have never been called to answer these kinds of questions
and I wonder how many AWARE people have been called.  OK, they only
survey 1000 or so people but it that truly scientific and valid?

If other things were equal,would anti-war people be called in their
true proportion to the population at large?  For example, are blacks
and Latinos called in their correct proportion?  Are low income
people called in correct proportion (some may not have phones).
Questions.
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328