[Peace-discuss] Public i Recruitment meeting, 8/18/03 @ 5:30

mysarah mysarah at insightbb.com
Sun Sep 14 12:40:33 CDT 2003

CONTRIBUTE to INDEPENDENT MEDIA

The Public I, published by the Urbana-Champaign IMC, is recruiting in all areas:

writers---become a citizen reporter!)

people to help with layout of the paper (usually at the end of the month)

people to become graphics editor and gather local photos and create graphics for stories

people to write bios of contributors and take author photos

people to collect poetry for each issue

proofreaders (usually at the end of the month)

people to help with distribution (also at the end of the month); deliver to one stop or take a whole route

Become part of the editorial team and mentor authors, develop articles, and select articles for monthly themes.

If you are interested in finding out more please attend the PI RECRUITMENT SESSION on Thursday, Sept 18 from 5:30 to 6:30 at the IMC, 218 W. Main, Downtown Urbana (two doors down from The Office). Enjoy some food, learn about how you can help produce a local, independent, free monthly newspaper. We recently published our September issue and are currently working on the October issue.

Please send us an email if you are going to attend or even if you can't make the meeting but still want to participate.

imc-print at urbana.indymedia.org