[Peace-discuss] Fwd: The Beatles Were Right, I admit it! (please forward)

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 20:32:53 CDT 2003

Jeff Cohen - Kucinich Communications Director <info at kucinich.us> wrote: To: "Charles Minne"
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:39:42 -0700
Subject: The Beatles Were Right, I admit it! (please forward)
From: "Jeff Cohen - Kucinich Communications Director"

I've been savagely condemned for saying last week that the Beatles
were wrong when they claimed "All you need is love."

I was off-base, and I apologize on behalf of the whole Kucinich
campaign.  The Beatles were indeed right.  John Lennon was right on
"Give Peace a Chance."  He was right on "Imagine" -- our campaign's
theme song. And the Beatles were especially right when they sang
"Your lovin' gives me a thrill, but your lovin' don't pay my bills,
NOW GIVE ME MONEY."

To paraphrase the Beatles -- our campaign is gaining endorsements (see
below), volunteers, staff, field offices, but only money pays our
bills.  To donate: https://www.kucinich.us/contribute.php

SO GIVE US MONEY...BEFORE SEPT 30
The next 15 days are critical.  On September 30, the third quarter ends
for financial filings.  Thousands of people who agree with the message
of Dennis Kucinich are still sitting on the fence, waiting to see if our
grassroots campaign has what it takes to go the distance.  Pure and
simple, that takes money.

So please donate.  And if you know folks still teetering on the fence,
push them over.

HISTORIC CAMPAIGN INNOVATION: PEACE DAY HOUSE
PARTIES
Another way Kucitizens are growing the campaign is by organizing house
parties this Sunday, Sept. 21 on the U.N.-designated International Day
of Peace.  So far, more than 1,000 individuals have requested kits to
organize parties to raise both money and love for the Kucinich campaign
(satisfying the Beatles on both scores).  This will be the biggest day
of house parties by any campaign during this election!  To participate
in this historic day: http://www.kucinich.us/houseparty.htm

What better individual to support on International Peace Day than the
one and only candidate
 - who led Congressional opposition to the Iraq War.
 - who has a specific plan to trim waste from the bloated pentagon
budget to fund education and childcare
 - who sponsors a bill to establish a cabinet level Dept of Peace
 - who won the Gandhi Peace award of 2003.

ENDORSEMENTS
New supporters keep coming to our campaign -- from local and state
legislators to leading feminists to actor Tanya Roberts (who starred in
the "Charlie's Angels" TV series).  Roberts is being an angel by lending
her name to a Sept 21 fundraising house party.  Won't you be an angel by
making a donation? https://www.kucinich.us/contribute.php

MAKE IT PERSONAL TO DENNIS
With Dennis celebrating his 57th birthday in a few weeks, checks for $57
have started to pour in.  It warms his heart.  Thanks to federal
matching funds, your donation means double to our campaign.

PLEASE DONATE: https://www.kucinich.us/contribute.php

To learn more about this unique campaign for peace, justice, equal
rights and sustainability: http://www.kucinich.us

For a list of endorsers: http://www.kucinich.us/wesupportdennis.htm

Please forward this email to others, whether on the fence or off.

To remove yourself from all mailings from Kucinich For President, please click here

After discussing who should have the honor of being at the saw, Stephen and his assistant saw the top of a shipmate’s skull off and remove a splinter from his brain, speaking in Latin to preserve the appearance of professional infallibility and god-like calm. In Patrick O’Brian’s Humorous Passage #21 at my website:  www.angelfire.com/mi4/cmin/