[Peace-discuss] This could be it for overtime pay.

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 00:20:12 CDT 2003

[Folks, notwithstanding our ongoing discussions of the
organized labor's strengths and weaknesses, the attack
on overtime pay - part of the Bush plan to repeal the
20th century - is very important to resist.  None of
us now living remember the days before the Eight Hour
Day movement that led to the imfamous Haymarket Square
bomb in Chicago, the hanging of innocent labor leaders
and eventual establishment of May Day as a day of
international working-class solidarity (almost
everywhere but in the US).  But any of us who ever
worked in factory, in a kitchen or almost anywhere
else manual labor is done has benefited.  Our children
and grandchildren deserve at least this. -RB]

--- Working Families e-Activist Network

http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/houseotvote/8w7x772l5djd

http://www.unionvoice.org/join-forward.html?domain=wfean&r=B1z4sOY13p1k

http://www.unionvoice.org/wfean/join.html?r=B1z4sOY13p1kE