[Peace-discuss] topic of conversation

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 13 10:51:28 CDT 2004

Considering Kerry's recent statements, one  begins to wonder how he
would act in Iraq differently than a second Bush Administration. I
still think that Kerry would do things differently concerning
starting new wars, but I am beginning to question the Anybody but
Bush idea.  It seems to me that the anti-war/peace movement needs to
start thinking about how to pressure Kerry to at least be more like
Dean if not Kucinich on Iraq.  I can't say I know how to do that. The
Democrats always assume that anyone to the left will support them. Of
course, they complain about Nader but it is not clear to me that they
are willing to make any concessions to win the Nader votes.

What should the organized Peace Movement do?
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328

tel. 217-333-6519