[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] reminder: tabling tonight

jencart at mailstation.com jencart at mailstation.com
Thu Apr 15 12:04:55 CDT 2004

Hi Peter,

As promised, I'll be there @ 630, and can cover for a couple of hours @ least.  Hopefully, you'll get 2 others to take 830 to 10 15 and 1015 to 12m....

Any takers out there?????

Jenifer C.
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Rohloff <rohloff at uiuc.edu>
Sent: Apr 15, 2004 8:03 AM
To: peace at lists.groogroo.com
Subject: [Peace] reminder: tabling tonight

Reminder folks: the Earth Day Festival is tonight from 7-midnight in
the Illini Union Courtyard Cafe. AWARE is cosponsoring the event, and
we will be tabling. We have minimal tabling coverage, so if anyone else
wants to show up to help (and listen to some nice music at the same
time), feel free.

Below is the official announcement

University of Illinois Celebrates Earth Day
Champaign, IL ?  In honor of the 34th celebration of Earth
Day, Students for Environmental Concerns will be hosting a
variety of events at the University of Illinois at Urbana-
Champaign campus.

On Thursday, April 15, 2004, SECS will be hosting a benefit
concert for the Illinois Student Environmental Network at the
Courtyard Café in the Union.  Festivities will start at 7 PM
and will include three bands, Green Mountain Grass, Eclectic
Theory, and Nadafinga and education displays by various
community and campus groups.  Tickets are $3 and anyone is
welcome to attend.  Meghan Sullivan, coordinator of SECS?
Earth Day events, said, ?I am excited to be able to
contribute money to such a worthy cause and educate students
about the need to care for our environment.?

Activities will continue throughout the week.
On Tuesday, April 20, Rainforest Action Group will hold a
recycling drop-off on the UIUC Quad.
On Wednesday, April 21st, SECS members will be on the UIUC
Quad spreading awareness on the issue of over-population.
On Thursday, April 22nd, SECS members will be holding a bike
tune-up on the UIUC Quad.