[Peace-discuss] topic of conversation

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 15 16:03:48 CDT 2004

I propose an actual -- in addition to this virtual -- conversation on this
topic, which has become only more fraught, given the events of this week.

Saturday afternoon (4/17) Jeffrey St. Clair, editor of CounterPunch.org
will begin a conversation at my house at 3pm with a brief talk titled,
"Dime's Worth of Difference: Beyond the Politics of Lesser Evils."

All members of AWARE, with friends and associates, are welcome. I live at
5 Litchfield Lane, Champaign (just south of the intersection of Kirby and
Prospect, and opposite Bottenfield School).

In addition to editing what I think is the country's best political
newsletter, Jeff St. Clair writes for a number of other publications,
including the Nation and In These Times, and has co-authored with
Alexander Cockburn "Al Gore: A User's Manual";  "The Politics of
Anti-Semitism"; "Whiteout: The CIA, Drugs and the Press"; and the
forthcoming "Imperial Crusades: Iraq, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia."  His
latest book is "Been Brown so Long, It Looked Like Green to Me : The
Politics of Nature"

Please join us for the conversation.

--Carl Estabrook