[Peace-discuss] CounterPunch on the Democrats

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 16 12:59:11 CDT 2004

I think he wants a truly progressive Democrat candidate -- not the false
progressivism of Clinton/Gore/Kerry.  All made nods to the "left" -- but
then follow the agenda of their pro-business, pro-war, anti-worker,
anti-environment party.  Cockburn actually gets rather specific in this
piece -- not perhaps with much hope -- when he proposes a Tobin tax in the
last graf.

I hope you'll come and talk with Jeff St. Clair. --CGE