[Peace-discuss] The other occupation

David Green davegreen48 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 21:59:20 CDT 2004

I basically agree with Carl and Mort's assessment of
this rather odd occasion, although I give Wasserstein
a lot of credit for having a grasp of the self- and
other-destructiveness of Israel's behavior. I would
have asked him to describe more about the period from
1993-2000, when Israel used the "peace process" to
strangle the Palestinian economy. If Israel could not
tolerate a viable Palestinian entity then, why would
it now, when it is being given a free hand by the Bush
(and future Kerry) administration?

DG