[Peace-discuss] Exception to The Rulers Tour for WEFT

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 17:22:26 CDT 2004

Please come to hear this brave journalist and dynamic speaker (and forward
this email) to others.

The Amy Goodman Exception To The Rulers Book Tour and WEFT Benefit
Friday, April 23 @ 6:15PM (doors open at 5:30PM)
Illinois Disciples Foundation, Wisegarver Hall
610 E. Springfield, Ch.
Tickets:  $10 at the door

Amy Goodman, host of the syndicated daily news program, Democracy Now! (on
WEFT, 4-5PM weekdays) will be in Champaign-Urbana on her book tour.  Below
is the agenda for the evening.

5:30-6
Interview on WEFT 90.1FM with Amy Goodman and Paul Riismandel, host of
Media Geek.

6:15
Event begins.  After our introductions, we will show the 30 minute video
on the Iraq war and the media, "Independent Media in A Time of War."

The audience will then be treated to a 45 minute presentation about The
Exception To The Rulers book , a 20 minute
Q & A session, and a book signing.

The Exception To The Rulers will be available for purchase at the event
through Pages For All Ages.

To all our WEFT contributors who pledged in this past Spring Pledge Drive
at the $120 level who wanted to receive Amy Goodman's book:  we will have
your book at the event for her to sign for you, even if you cannot make
it.

Amy will stay until the last book is signed.  WEFT has the hall until say
9:50PM.