[Peace-discuss] Whose life is it, anyway? (fwd)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 26 10:25:16 CDT 2004

I think the argument proceeds as follows:

	[1] What makes killing someone wrong?

	[2] Does the answer to [1] apply to the fetus?

If the answer to [2] is "yes," then the ethical rules we normally apply
(self-defense, etc.) apply there as well.

I can't look at Demetrius at last night's meeting and think that such
rules as they apply to him changed radically ten days ago.

Regards, Carl