[Peace-discuss] Spoiler: These are my views on the lawyer issue.

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:22:17 CDT 2004

For people who are sick of the issue, read no further.  Those who want to
hear my opinion on the issue, read on:

Life is not so black and white that one can always rigidly enforce a noble
doctrine (which I, too, support) without the possibility of exceptions.  I'm
willing to risk my life for my principles, but I'm not willing to risk my
life because someone didn't hire a lawyer when they could have done so.
There is still time, and  people can certainly make their own risk/benefit
analysis about whether they want to protest or not without police
cooperation.  I will go to my first P4P protest on Saturday so I can get a
feel of what I'm up against.  But, if an alternative lawyer can't be found
at a reasonable cost, AWARE may have to seriously consider retaining the
controversial lawyer in question or risk an uncertain summer of protest.  Is
the risk worth it?  Everyone will have to make that decision for themselves.
  I hope for the sake of harmony that an alternative lawyer can be found,
but remember that this world is not constructed in black and white.

--Phil