[Peace-discuss] No spoiler. Anyone can read these comments on the lawyer.

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 15:10:27 CDT 2004

A lot of discussion on selecting a lawyer to represent AWARE has been
carried on in this news list, and I wanted to point out that there is
nothing to prevent the lawyer whose respectability was questioned from
reading this list.  I think that a lot of general discussion on desirable
qualities for a lawyer can take place on this list, but specifics with
respect to a particular lawyer (any lawyer) should be discussed at the
meetings or in private.  Another suggestion is that if AWARE can't get an
alternative lawyer, that perhaps the controversial one could be brought to a
meeting (at no charge to AWARE) to answer questions about his past comments
and on his stand with respect to sexism.  It's unfair to him to do
otherwise.  Just a few suggestions....

--Phil